Wednesday, January 30, 2019

This time forest fires

Dear Nimue

       Thanks for your letter. I cried after I read it. I miss you so much.
       Gabriel is running around like a headless chicken. I think he has lost one of his swings. This week Gabriel was sure that the worm was abroad and approaching with the fires in the west. But when someone asked, if he finally believed that the world was warming, he said that of course not. It was just that the end of times was here with seventh coming. When asked about the last end of times a decade ago, he had a blank look on his face. Like he had forgotten his previous proclamations.
       To fight the fires the Emperor Don the Yuge has formed rake brigades. They do preventive work by raking the lawns of his hotels. How does it relate to fires is a bit unclear. 
      Something unnerving happened yesterday. I was on my way to take notes at food labeling subcommittee of inter-court trade relations committee when I passed Lucifer's office. You never guess who was standing in the doorway talking with him. Take a guess. Oh well, It was Barf, the frog. I'm not sure whether he saw me. I slipped quickly to side corridor. What on earth is he doing here?
       I need to go. I have to type the subcommittee report and deliver it to the report supervisor's desk before the end of today. It's not due until tomorrow, but this way he can mark it filed ahead of schedule. It shows the increased productivity. Statistics are everything.

Love,

Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment